ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Eaglecrest wide receiver Xavier Waldron

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I feel like the season went pretty well. As a young receiver I feel like I was able to finally step up and find my role with the team as someone who the coaches and teammates can count on. Even with losing in the first round of the playoffs I think as a team we found our stride and our strengths.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Now with track season around the corner I’m focusing on getting faster and more explosive. As well, in the weight room our workouts not only are focusing on building strength for the upcoming season but it’s building a community within the team and that’s always important. As a team we feel like camaraderie is the key to go further than the first round.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I believe that we’re going to go far this upcoming season. I feel we’ve got the guys to get it done and the coaching to lead us to that success. We’re just a group of guys who are hungry and know we got to get the job done no matter who’s lined up against us.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest team we’ll face this upcoming season I feel is Cherry Creek. They’re known for their success and they back it up. Last three years I’ve played Creek, they’ve always been the team to beat on our schedule. But I believe we got the guys to get it done this year.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I do believe the toughest individual player my team is going to face would probably be Creek’s Quarterback Brady V. He’s a young athlete and seeing the film he’s made some plays not many quarterbacks in our league make. I do have trust in our defense this year to slow him down if not shut him down but he’s always that player you know will be tough to beat.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I do hope to play football in college. Realistically I want to be able to play somewhere where I’m able to compete at a high level and have a role. Any chance to play anywhere in college is a blessing and opportunity I’ll jump on.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“As of now I haven’t gotten any recruiting but I do hope I can catch some eyes during my senior season.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
"N/A."

Have you made any college trips yet?
"N/A."

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
"N/A."

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
"N/A."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News