ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................

Update - Castle View defensive end Jordan Ochoa
How did the high school football season go overall?
“As a team the season could have gone better. We have been working hard this offseason in the weight room and looking forward to the next coming season. Individually I feel like I did well for it being my first year in Colorado's 5A league.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I just finished my first year of wrestling and I am now transitioning into the track season where I run the 200m. I also work out at Six Zero Academy at least three times a week. As it warms up I will be working with my speed coach Corey Sample, owner of SAMP Fitness.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like next year we will be solid. We have a lot of guys returning from last year with the majority of them on defense. When you add that with the weight room commitment .... why not us?”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Without a doubt, Valor Christian.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Being newer to Colorado I don't know a lot of people individually.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Vista Ridge free safety Jacob Bourland
“My first year playing high school football was extremely fun. As QB1 for the JV team, I led my team to an 8-1 record and league championship while passing for 2213 yards and rushing for 403 yards with 22 TDs.”

“I’m currently playing baseball on the JV team and also with the Team Full Gorilla 15U 7v7 team. I’ve been hitting the weights hard this offseason as well.”

“I was told that I’ll be transitioning to FS this upcoming year because of my lack of height which has me a little confused but that’s ok. I think our team will be competitive but also young.”

“I think Pine Creek and Legend will be the toughest teams on our schedule this year.”

“I think Mason Miller will be the toughest player we see this year. RB for Pine Creek.”

Update - Ralston Valley defensive tackle Tyrese Johnson
“Season went great for sure, we made it to the Semifinals, but our goal was State, so we were a little disappointed.”

“I work out with the school and also have outside workouts, just trying to get stronger and faster daily.”

“We put it down as State as the number one goal, anything less will be a disappointment.”

“Creek! They always come to play and they are the champs 3X running. It would be great to take them down. We have a tough schedule for sure, so we think each team is our toughest rival until the game is over, then we look to see who's up next.”

“N/A.”

Update - Greeley West middle linebacker David Lopez
“Overall I feel like it was a big eye opener. Not how I wanted our wins and losses to go but it comes to show that if you love the game you can’t quit.”

“I’m hitting the gym pretty hard wanting to get more explosive and lighter on my feet. Becoming quicker.”

“I have high hopes now that my class and I are seniors this upcoming season, I feel like we have a good chance of at LEAST going 5-5.”

“I think that the toughest team that we will play is going to be Bear Creek. Not because of how tough they are but because it’s a game we can win but will be a battle between both of our boys.”

“I believe the toughest individual our team will go against is the running back from Thomas Jefferson, Jake Tapia #22.”

Update - Denver West tight end Damian Montanez
“My high school season went okay, I got injured the 3rd game [and] I tore my PCL but the team did decent. Minor errors but we still are a younger team at the end of the day.”

“My plans for sports this season working out wise are: all summer lifts, 7 on 7s, strengthen my knee a little more, [and] just get better faster stronger honestly.”

“I feel like my team can do better this year, we are all a lot stronger compared to last season. Good bond with each other and we are counting [on] growing as a team and getting more kids to come out as time ticks for this next season.”

“My mentality is my team can beat anyone if we all do our jobs and fully commit we can be great. I feel like the team that would be our toughest to play would be BLA.”

“The toughest player from another team I think we’d face would be Cooper Connelly from Elizabeth high school.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News