ADVERTISEMENT

Update - Platte Canyon middle linebacker Kamron Skouge

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
How did the high school football season go overall?
“This high school football season did not necessarily go how I or others would’ve liked it to as a team, but we had a lot of success at times as well as some smaller struggles we can clean up before next season. The team started off very strong going 5-1 through the first 6 weeks, then we had to deal with some adversity to overcome, finishing the season 5-4. We all wish we could have performed to our true potential in our last couple of games and finished with a couple more w’s in the win column. Our team however did come together and grow with the adversity we faced, which I see as a very positive thing heading into next season. Personally, I had a solid season gaining 120 total tackles, 13 tackles for loss, 1 interception, 2 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, and 3 pass breakups. I do have some room for improvement on the field and am working hard every day to accomplish it.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I am currently competing in track and field this spring season while earning a spot on the Ducks 7v7 travel club coached and managed by the legendary Daniel Vigil. In track I compete in discus and shot put as well as some sprint events. I enjoy competing in track because it keeps me fresh for the season while helping me every day with my speed, athleticism, and strength. The 7v7 league I joined has helped me a lot this offseason in pass coverage and reading offenses, on the defensive side of the ball, as well as route running and releases offensively. The 7v7 team has been a great learning experience and really good for keeping me mentally and physically ready for the football season as it runs into the summer. In between football and track season I would stay after school every day to train and lift, but I still stay after track practice to lift and get ready for my senior season.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like our team will be the top dogs in 1A. We certainly have room to improve and grow but I believe we have the pieces we need at every position on the field. Football is a lot like a well-oiled machine and you need all 11 men on the field to understand their responsibility and play for each other to have success. We will have 8 returning seniors with only 3 leaving and will have a lot more returning juniors, sophomores, and a large new freshman class. As long as our team can come together and dedicate themselves to the sport over the summer we can be serious competitors, but it will take everyone from the seniors to the freshman to put in the work.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I approach every week looking at the team we play as a difficult competitor no matter what. Each team is taken seriously and the same effort goes into preparing for them. Some teams aren't as good as others, but should be considered as such. Paper and statistics won't show you how good a team is and each team we face will be a competition because of different schemes, coaching, and in-game adjustments. Talent does play a factor into this but it's not everything. Based on last year and the teams we will be playing against, Strasburg will be our toughest opponent, they play fast physical football and are coached very well.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There is a lot of great talent throughout the 1A division, there are some dawgs in our division like Thomas Devlin, Austin Velasco, and Nathan Buehrer. I personally think the hardest player we will face is the Strasburg qb, Landen Martin. He is smart with the ball and has good mobility. He's a great QB overall and it will be challenging to stop him.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, absolutely. I would love the opportunity to play football in college. This has been my dream ever since I can remember. Ever since I was 2 years old I told my parents I would be in the NFL one day. I idolized Jay Cutler and Elvis Dumervil, but Demariyus Thomas is who truly made me want to live out my collegiate and NFL dreams. I grew up in a medium sized city in Iowa so it was nothing but college football. I would play catch with myself acting as if I was playing in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have had some interest from multiple colleges. I have started the recruiting process with Missouri S&T university, Dordt University, Wilkes University, Wesleyan University, the University of St. Thomas, Morningside University, Middleburry, and Amherst college. I am very grateful for all of the schools recruiting me and am excited to continue my college search. I send out my info to as many schools as possible every night and I am excited to see where I can go and who wants me.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“The school recruiting me the hardest currently is either S&T university or Wilkes University. I have been speaking with the recruiting coordinator about majors and how we will go about the recruiting process and I have received an Invite to Wilkes junior day.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any official college trips yet but am looking forward to it soon. I have taken trips to Morningside University, and the School of Mines Colorado, but they were not official visits.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“I do plan on taking trips to multiple colleges this offseason and will continue to find the right fit for me academically and athletically. I would like to go to Wilkes junior day, and visit Missouri S&T university, and make the trip to any other colleges that have interest or I would like to see.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I did have a favorite college growing up, it was the Iowa Hawkeyes. We would watch them sometimes on Saturdays but my passion for college football didn't really grow until I was around 13-14 ish years old. I still love the Hawkeyes to this day and would be thrilled to get a chance to play for them, but now I'm a CU Buffs fan as well as a Hawkeye fan and I'm excited to go to a game or two this season and see how Coach Prime changes the program. SKO BUFFS!”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News