ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Frederick quarterback Gavin Ishmael

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“Recently, my team and I have been focusing on installing our offensive and defensive schemes for this season while implementing tons of practices to perfect our play, including the explosive weightlifting and speed work we've been doing.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Since the end of football season, I believe my biggest improvement has been my knowledge and confidence in the game. I can say the game has gotten slower for me, which has only led to me being more confident when I’m able to sit in the pocket and identify my reads.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I anticipate that our team will perform very well this season. Our team has great chemistry and we hold a standard of high expectations for ourselves.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The most challenging team on our schedule this year is likely to be our week 1 opponent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest players that we could ever face off against, is ourselves. As a team, we don’t focus on other teams’ players. We do just our job and focus on our game plan that week, and everything else should fall in place.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I hundred percent want to follow my dream and play football at the next level. It’s been my dream ever since I was a little kid, and I want to fulfill that to the best of my ability.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“Right now I have three offers, coming from Colorado School of Mines, Chadron State, and University of Jamestown. The schools over the three schools have officially offered before my senior season, and I’m working to have more from my senior season.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“All three schools that have offered me are recruiting me equally with a lot of other schools that I’m keeping in touch [with].”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I’ve visited a few colleges in the summer, I’ve been to NDSU, Wyoming, Colorado School of Mines, Weber State, and a couple more. And I plan on visiting a lot more during and after the season.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“This summer, I attended several camps, such as NDSU, CSU Pueblo, Weber State, Chadron State, Colorado, school, mine, etc., and overall these camps were very good and I was able to learn a lot from them.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Growing up, I would say I didn’t have a favorite college. However, being from Colorado, I’ve always enjoyed watching CU and CSU.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.