ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

Update - Cherry Creek linebacker Angelo Petrides
How has everything been going so far during the football season?
“The season is going great so far. I feel like losing to Arapahoe really allowed players that are leaders to step up and lead. Beating Eaglecrest last Friday really allowed our team to gain more confidence and realize that we are always the most physical team going into the playoffs and are obligated to continue the strong Bruin legacy. “

Where specifically do you feel your team can get better at?
“Our team as a whole is not lacking any physical characteristics to beating the teams we face forward but the #1 thing is to have more players that can step up and make those great plays. We have great talent and I believe that our team is continuing to get better with this game by game.”

Have you been happy with your play so far?
“My performance so far this season has excited and inspired lots of people around me but I still always believe that I can improve. Getting better may not just be from a personal standpoint, but to also push my teammates to grow as well.”

What will allow your team to reach their full potential this season?
“Something that will push our team to reach our full potential to always live with the underdog mentality. Things like us having injured players doesn't allow others to feel sorry for us, but should fuel us to face the teams later on.”

What are your goals for the rest of the year?
“Goals that our team has set for the rest of the year are, like I said, having more players step up and become leaders. That starts with the small things such as helping others on the team build confidence.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Delta offensive tackle Tucker Johnson
“Our season has been going great. We are currently 7-1, beating Moffat County in a close game for the Western Slope league title for 2A.”

“If our team could work on anything, I think it would just be better execution and clean up little mistakes.”

“I feel like I am getting better every game, but I still have a long way to go.”

“What will allow us to reach our max potential just depends on how hard our team will work during the week, and staying healthy.”

“The team goal for the rest of the year will be to win a state championship.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Heritage wide receiver Zach Siegler
“The football season has been fun. We have had a couple of mistakes but we have continued to fight through the season and try and figure out ways to battle back and move on to our next opponent.”

“I think for the team and for me personally we struggle with beating up ourselves for mistakes that we made and let it get to our heads.”

“Yes I have been happy to play both sides of the ball having fun at outside linebacker and wide receiver.”

“I think to reach our full potential we need to just go out and play ball and have fun and not take this game and this time with each other for granted.”

“My goal is to keep my grades up and get better and prepare for next season.”

Update - Legacy athlete Quinn Walker
“This year has been a great year especially after the short covid year and seeing the team come together so well. I am excited to see what we can do as we make our push into the playoffs.”

“The team is pretty well rounded but one thing I have realized we do is play to our competition so what we can do is always play our best no matter who is walking out of the locker room beside us.”

“This year I am happy with my play as I fought my way into the starting spot and have played my hardest. There are always things I try to clean up week to week but overall, I am satisfied.”

“This season is coming to a close so it gets hard to keep focus on the main goal but if we do that and keep working hard, I think we will be a real force to be reckoned with.”

“My goals for myself are to do my job as efficiently as I can and be a playmaker my coaches can count on as we go into playoffs. Also for the team I want us to play our best and put our best play into the playoffs.”

Update - Mullen linebacker AJ Guida
“The season so far has been a true test. Every game is a challenge and we have to come up with our A game every Friday.”

“One thing I would see the team improving upon is playing to their full potential on game day. We have lots of talent, however we don’t perform the best we can all the time.”

“Overall, yes I am happy with my play. I feel I have made plays. I also know I have a long way to go and improve in the next two years.”

“Our team would be able to reach its full potential when we believe in our ability. We haven’t gotten to the point where we can be confident in each other and ourselves.”

“Our goal for this year is to prove to the state that we are a program to be noticed and have the ability to compete with anybody we want.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News