ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Football Season Quote Board (What Top Players Think About the 2018 Season)

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Quotes below are from athletes regarding the 2018 football season!

On their team

“I feel our team will be really well. My class has been pushing to work hard and get better. We want to be able to get to the playoffs and win the state championship next year.”
Pueblo East running back Kain Medrano

“It depends on if the kids really want it. We want to win. That is what makes a team. If all the kids buy into one common goal, we’ll be really good. We have the talent.”
Legend linebacker Caden Meis

“I think we’ll improve for this year. We had a lot of juniors play this last year. We are working hard to improve for next year.”
Ralston Valley defensive end Isaac Townsend

“I have high hopes for next year. I think our line will do great. I know our offense will be explosive. Our defense always seems to be good.”
Dakota Ridge running back Jered Garcia

“We’ll be a really good powerhouse like Cherry Creek always is. We have a chance to be a contender next year on the field.”
Cherry Creek offensive lineman Michael Lynn

“I personally am excited. Next year is my senior season I’ll finally be playing with a lot of starters from my class. I am really excited to see it. The guys have a passion for football and so do the underclassmen.”
Douglas County defensive tackle Andrew Larson

"I believe we are going to be a team to reckon with. We are returning every one of our starters besides our left guard on offense."
Greeley West offensive tackle Garrett Beckman

"I think we are going to be a major contender again next year. Our main goal is to repeat as state champs and we definitely have the players to do it."
Pomona linebacker Jack Thiele

"I believe our team will do well in our new league next year. Although we lost some players last year, Ii believe there are a couple young players who are ready to step up to compete."
Vista Ridge wide receiver Micah Hilts

"For this next upcoming season, we will still be a good team. We have lots of talent in every position that likes to work hard."
Eaglecrest offensive lineman Jake Wiley

"Our team for the 2018 season looks very promising. Most of our team is coming back next year and we all know what the new expectations are for this program."
Palmer-Ridge lineman Aidan Cullen

"I feel like if we work hard and have the right mindset, we can be great. It all starts with our belief. If we believe in ourselves and believe we can do big things, big things will happen. I’m really looking forward to the success that should come this upcoming season."
Legend offensive lineman Ty Gish

"I feel like our team will be very prepared and focused thanks to our coaching staff."
Valor Christian defensive end Jaden Murray

“This past year, we were very junior heavy and sophomore heavy the year before that. We have a ton of talent and a ton of experience. This group of guys is very special, and we look to do special things this next year. A lot of work has to be done this off-season, but I think we have a good shot at big things.
Loveland running back Zach Weinmaster

"I believe that my football team will be very good in the 2018 season. We have a lot of rising seniors that will be leading the team, which are led by Alex Padilla and myself."
Cherry Creek offensive lineman Dominick Pallotto

“Our 2017 team had a large number of juniors and a few sophomores that played huge parts of our team. The freshmen class is very talented and will play a big role in our run for back to back state championship games.”
Erie defensive tackle Nathan Hackney

“I believe my team in 2018 will be ready to earn our way back to the top. We’re going to be more of a threat through the air and bring more to the offense than we’ve ever had.”
Pueblo East quarterback Luc Andrada

“We’re excited to build on our late season success. We’re excited for another challenging conference this season in playing teams like Pueblo East and Pueblo South.”
Durango quarterback Jordan Woolverton

"I think we have a team that can do a lot next year. I just believe we need to come together."
Durango running back Dawson Marcum

“I think our 2018 season will be pretty good. Our coaches build an environment here and will have us ready to compete at a high level again. Hopefully we can make another run at the state championship.”
La Junta quarterback Jon Nuschy

"Our team looks really good coming into the 2018 season. We have most of our players returning. We’re going to go far this year."
Ralston Valley running back Chase Wilson

"I have high hopes for what we are going to do. We have a lot of returning starters."
Ralston Valley running back Brad Roberts

"I believe that the team coming up will have a younger core group. We are short on seniors this year, so some juniors will need to step up their game."
Mullen offensive lineman Aidan Keanaaina

“I’m incredibly excited for the 2018 season because we have, for the most part, our entire team returning. We will miss our seniors, but I think we will impress Colorado and California with what we bring to the field.”
Cherry Creek offensive guard Cameron Williams

“If we get everyone in the weight room this summer and focus on technique, then I believe that we have the potential to make it to the state championship game.”
Wray running back Cade Hillman

“I believe that for the 2018 season, we will definitely go far again. We have the same goal as last year. Guys will step up to get it done.”
Pomona wide receiver David Ross

“I believe for the 2018 season, we will make the playoffs again and that we have a real shot at making a run deep in the playoffs and hopefully a state title game.”
Arvada West wide receiver Chris McEahern

“I believe my team will be just as good as last year, if not better.”
Loveland defensive back Isaiah Meyers

“I think we will do pretty good. We have a tough conference for next year and are losing some key playmakers on both sides of the ball. I feel like we have some guys that'll step up to the challenge and prove themselves this off-season.”
Rock Canyon quarterback Adam Mullen

“For next season, our team definitely has the talent. We just have to make sure we are working hard and staying disciplined because talent alone won't win the games. With that being said, I am really excited and looking forward to seeing what this team has in season, but this time we are in same league and playing the last game of the regular season. That means the game will have more weight, especially that late because it means seedings for the playoffs.”
Vista Ridge linebacker Carter Bussone

“For 2018, a lot of people don’t know yet, but I think this is a good time to tell people I’ve decided to transfer to Eaglecrest High School to finish out my junior and senior year due to family problems. The 2018 Eaglecrest team is coming back on a revenge tour. Stay tuned.”
Eaglecrest wide receiver JJ Augustus

“I believe my team will come out pretty strong for the 2018 season now that we know everything that is expected to win.”
Greeley West athlete Hugo Castillo

“Our 2018 season will be based upon how much work we put in during the off-season. It started in December. If we want to make it to the top, we have to be focused and prepare for the season mentally and physically.”
Arvada West quarterback Johnny Krutsch

“I believe we are going to have a very productive 2018 season. We have a lot of returning starters and have a lot of young and up and coming talent. With last season’s success, we are looking to build off of that and are working hard to have a bright and successful 2018 season.”
Skyline wide receiver Kyle West

“We will have a good chance to be back where we were last year.”
La Junta defensive end Jacob Tafoya

“I think we will do better this year compared to last year because everybody will be fully adjusted to our new coaches, even though we lost a lot of seniors this past year.”
Coronado linebacker Deegan Foster

“The 2018 team will be young, but we have returning players in key positions like quarterback, defensive back, linebacker, and receiver. It will be a good year to prove what we can do.”
Rock Canyon wide receiver Collin Romero

“I think our team for 2018 will be pretty solid. We have a lot of young guys. We have to get stronger, but other than that, we will be solid.”
Regis Jesuit running back Kiahn Martinez

“Our team has the potential of being much better in the 2018 season than we were in the 2017 season. We have a lot of young talent that will shine this year. Our success of next year will be decided by how hard we work this off-season.”
Durango athlete Alex Hise

Although we are losing a lot of seniors this year, I believe that we will be able to compete at a high level because of our very strong chemistry. We won't have the same talent as we have had in years past, but we will still have the same, or even more, effort, intent, style of play, and heart.
Regis Jesuit linebacker Geno Macias

"I believe that we should have a pretty good team this year. We are replacing a lot of pieces on both sides of the ball like Tate Wildeman and Micah Butte, but we have a lot of players that can fill their shoes. There will be some growing pains, but overall we can be really good if we reach our potential."
Legend offensive tackle Colin Lavell

“I feel like this season will be a good season. There are plenty of returning starters and we will be better than last year. The main goal is to win it all.”
Vista Ridge quarterback Rowan Neal

“I think our team will be good next year. We have a lot of guys coming back and we got a lot of young guys that are going to have to step up into new roles. I’m confident in our team.”
Cherry Creek wide receiver Marcus Miller

“I believe we will be as good, if not better than last year. We have an all-state quarterback returning with four receivers that started last season. We also have nine starting defenders returning. There will be some questions on the o-line that will need to be answered, but I believe there are some great underclassmen that will fill those roles.”
Fairview wide receiver Bryce DesJardins

“I believe that if we work as hard as we’ve worked the past couple years, things should go very well for us. We can do some big things with a lot of returning starters on offense too.”
Longmont athlete Jaydon Elkins

“I feel that we will have a good team in 2018. We have many returning starters that will help the younger guys improve and be able to give their part in any way possible.”
Columbine quarterback Logan DeArment

I am really excited for what we might be able to accomplish in 2018. This year, we were pretty junior heavy, so we have a lot of talent coming back next year. Everyone is focused and hungry to make another run at the state title.”
Loveland quarterback Riley Kinney

“I feel that our team will come back this year a lot more disciplined after last year. I believe we will do good as long as we are focused and ready to go. We have a pretty tough schedule this year and are ready to go as a team because of our heart and determination.”
Elizabeth running back Reece Ullery

“We have a tough road ahead, but the group of players we have are scrappy and full of heart.”
Lakewood safety Kegan Hufford

“The 2018 season is looking strong for Pine Creek. We have the right mentality going into this off-season and have the guys that will put in the work necessary to have a victorious season. We have weapons on offense and playmakers on defense, so we’re looking good.”
Pine Creek defensive back Max Lofy

“I believe our team will be successful in the 2018 season. Many of our players were first year starters last year, so they will have a year of experience under their belt. Inexperienced players will have to step up and play big roles this year, but I am sure they will be ready.”
Arapahoe linebacker Max Roose

“With having almost a new coaching staff, I feel like our defense will be about the same and our offense will be a little better. We lose a lot of big players on defense, so it'll be a big change there. But our goal right now is to win state. That is what all our eyes are on, but we are taking it one game at a time.”
Chaparral defensive back Tizell Lewis

“I believe we grew a lot this season personally and as a whole unit. We lost some key players that are seniors graduating this year, but we are all positive and ready to take on what the next season has for us to make a run in the playoffs.”
Legend kicker Nick Neate

“I’ll be surrounded by a great group of guys who will do anything for each other. I believe we can compete with any team in the state.”
Mullen running back Damien Cearns

“We are returning most of our skill positions and our linemen are starting an advanced off-season program to fill in the gaps. I think we are going to have a successful season.”
Brighton quarterback Robbie Coffin

“I think this past season has really set the standard and goal for us this season. As a team, I think we are very determined to get to the same place we were last year and surpass that standard set for us. I believe that we have a good amount of talent this year and that we will be able to do very well this season. Nothing is guaranteed, but I believe that we will be good.”
Rampart running back Chris Yoo

“I believe we will do strong this season and can go on a run into playoffs as long as we do our jobs and do the little things right.”
Yuma quarterback Chase McCreath

“I believe that my team could very well have another successful season with hard work and confidence.”
Centauri lineman Bennie Chacon

“I can speak for myself and the rest of my team by saying that we're hungry. We did not like the way that we went out last year. My team and myself will do whatever it takes to not feel that same feeling we had last year again. We have a huge amount athleticism at every position. Just with off-season workouts, we are looking pretty good.”
Valor Christian athlete Kaiden Keefe

“I believe we are going to be a playoff team again because my class is all seniors this year. We have come a long way from our 0-10 freshman year.”
Arvada West offensive lineman AJ Ortez

“Though we have a younger team, we are hungry, strong, smart, and focused. It’s a brotherhood and we need to reach our goals together and individually before we can do big things.”
Pine Creek defensive end Elias Rolfe

“This season, even though we lost some key players, we got lots of great player in their spots. I believe we can make it to the state championship again.”
Pomona linebacker Sanjay Strickland

“I hope this next season, we’ll do as good as we did last season and I believe we have the talent to do so. It’s just coming together as one, like we did last year, that we need to focus on.”
Palmer-Ridge athlete Charlie Deeds

“I feel like we definitely will have a much better season than last year. A lot of guys on the team have gone out to seek outside help in order to get better and there’s a lot of raw the talent returning for their junior and senior years.”
Denver East defensive back Corey Tate

“We have the opportunity to be special. We return ten starters on offense and have a lot of athleticism and speed on defense. Like most programs, we will need some guys to step up and contribute, but I’m confident in the young guys and our senior group to lead. Having my man Alex Padilla leading our offense means we have the chance to put up points in every game. Marcus Miller and Chase Penry return on the outside. Of course, myself and Jayle Stacks will be a great combo in the backfield.”
Cherry Creek athlete Alec Pell

“I believe that my team for the high school season in 2018 is going to be really fast and smart. We have one of the best coaching staffs in Colorado and we have the best talent in Colorado who can compete with anybody. It’s going to be a fun year.”
Mullen safety Vaughnn Stitt

“I believe that we have a good group of guys who are ready to win football games. We are a hungry group who has come so close for so many years, but what we like to say is, “close sucks.” We are ready to win it all.”
Columbine offensive tackle Evan Durbin

“With our new coach coming in this year, myself and the whole community knows that this year is going to be fun and special. Our football team has been needing a change recently and now with Coach Sherman we have felt that we have found the answer to our prayers. We know coach he will get us ready for our tough new league schedule, and from knowing the boys, we are ready to go make noise this season.”
Arapahoe wide receiver Jalen Thomas

“I believe that we will be able accomplish a very successful season by keeping our attitudes and physicality above our opponents.”
Chaparral defensive tackle Mikey McClelland

“Our schedule got harder, but we can compete no problem if we avoid injury throughout the season.”
Greeley West linebacker Joseph Piacenza

“Our team is going to be very competitive.”
Palmer-Ridge running back Raef Ruel

“My outlook for the 2018 season is very good. Last year, we had a motto of leave nothing to chance and I have a feeling that will be the same next season. I'm going to be very confident in the group we have coming back because we will have a lot of experience and I believe that no matter who we play, we have the tools to get the job done. That goes for our coaching as well.”
Loveland linebacker Trey Cardenas

“In 2018, we have a lot of returning skill players at wide receiver and defensive back. Unfortunately, we graduated the majority of our o-line as well as other key pieces of our team. I think we'll be a great team regardless, but how we replace our graduated seniors will determine how far we make it in the playoffs.”
Fairview quarterback Aidan Atkinson

“I believe we will be just as good as last year, but hopefully we will finish in a different way. We had a lot of young starters last year and we are looking forward to next season.”
Columbine athlete Ben Earnest

“I believe that we haven’t reached our ceiling as a team yet. We have a lot of returning starters coming back and a lot of solid talent stepping in that can fill the roles of the seniors we lost from this past season. We have so much potential and talent, and I think that we’re going to be very solid going into the season.”
Erie offensive tackle Spencer Brooks

“We look to have a team that will uphold the standards set by other players who played before me.”
Palmer-Ridge offensive tackle Cameron Reiman

“I feel like our 2018 football team is going to be as good or better than last season because most of our team is juniors that are going to be seniors. We have a good amount of players that are two or three year starters for our team.”
Arvada West running back Tony Cass

“For the upcoming high school season, I believe our team is capable of winning another state championship under Coach Dave Logan.”
Cherry Creek safety Carson Brantley

“There will be a lot of great teams this season, but our goal is the same as always it is at Cherry Creek. We want to play at Mile High in December and bring home a state championship. With our schedule, we will definitely be tested by teams like Pomona, Mullen, Eaglecrest, Grandview, and Cherokee Trail.”
Cherry Creek wide receiver Chase Penry

“I push for state for my team, but at least to the second or third round of playoffs.”
Arvada West linebacker Zack D'Amico

“I believe that our high school team will have a successful season this year. We made changes to our coaching staff and the way we have played in the past is going to change entirely.”
Castle View offensive tackle Andrew Grout

“We want to build on our state championship from last year, but we will take it one game at a time and not look to far.”
Pomoma linebacker Kyle Moretti

“We have several hard games this year.”
Legacy running back Dakota Key

“I would say the hardest game on our 2018 schedule would be Faith Lutheran High School. They are a rising powerhouse in Las Vegas, plus we are going down there to play them on their home turf. It will be a great atmosphere and a tough challenge for our team.”
Valor Christian defensive tackle Roger Rosengarten

“We're loaded with talent. Anything other than a state championship will be a unacceptable.”
Pine Creek running back David Moore III

“I believe that we will have a good team again this year. We have a lot of returning starters, plus a lot of talented younger players. We should be in good shape.”
Columbine defensive tackle Grant Keim

“For the 2018 season, I believe Windsor has a very tough schedule in 4A and every game will take 22 guys working together doing their job each play to be successful. I believe that if we keep working hard in the weight room and in practice, our team could be a playoff team.”
Windsor linebacker Jordan Fehrn

“I expect my team to be playing in the state championship.”
Highlands Ranch linebacker Tyler Dobbs

“In the 2018 season, we will focus on building our line. Our skill positions are returning, including our quarterback, but most of our line graduated.”
Kent Denver athlete Dylan Wells

“In 2018, our football team will come out and shock some people. Many of us are seniors this year and have plenty of goals left to accomplish. We are truly motivated and have young players such as Max Marsh, Jackson Eads, Kole Taylor, who are juniors this year. They are all coming back with the same goals. Max is motivated, and I believe is going to do amazing things as QB1 and is going to be a great leader. We have all the tools to succeed and I honestly believe we are going to utilize them. I'm pretty confident heading into this season.”
Grand Junction Central safety Shaun Stepisnik

“I’m confident in my team’s ability to do well this upcoming season. We’re losing a lot of talented seniors, but the people we’ve got coming back are gritty and are willing to put in the work to be good.”
Ponderosa linebacker Nick Hoff

“I believe this upcoming season will be another shot at a state title.”
Bayfield quarterback Hayden Farmer

“This coming season will be great for my team and will get to see a ton of kids step up.”
Bayfield linebacker David Hawkins

“This year, I am transferring to Valor Christian and I believe that we have a chance to win the whole thing.”
Valor Christian offensive lineman Jackson Hoops

“I think we will do very well. We have a lot of guys returning from last year and new guys who are ready to step into a starting role and perform.”
Skyline running back Jeremy Hollingsworth

“I think we will do really well considering all the returning and incoming players.”
Greeley West running back Derek West

“I believe that my team will be extremely good and will go very far in the playoffs.”
Loveland linebacker Michael Deschene

“This year, we will have a lot of new guys playing that haven't played varsity yet, but I still have confidence in them.”
Lakewood quarterback Pierce Holley

“I believe if our entire team buys in and puts effort in for each other, we could easily match or improve on our previous record of 9-1.”
Skyview defensive tackle Robbie Bauderer

“I believe that we will be a well-conditioned unit that can win games because we do the little things right to the best of our ability.”
Doherty offensive tackle Alijah Bates

“I think we’re going to be a very good team this year. We have a great coaching staff and many players who are returning that are ready to tear games up. We also have a lot of guys who are ready to step up and show off all of their hard work.”
Grandview defensive end Hayden Isenhart

“I really think we have a chance at going all the way and winning it again. Almost everyone on our offense is returning, and although we have a really tough schedule, I believe our team is going to be prepared to battle in every game.”
Cherry Creek tight end Vance Brazile

“I have confidence in our team for us to perform and get better than last year.”
Brighton wide receiver Drake Cortez

“I think this season, we will do better than a lot of people think we will.”
Grandview offensive lineman Mason Schultz

“Although we lost many starters, I believe our team will still do very well this season due to our outstanding coaching staff.”
Grandview defensive end Brandy Okeke

“I believe our team this coming season will be a very good football team.”
Roosevelt quarterback Trent Beall

“Definitely (we will be) one of the best teams this year. We will be an offensive juggernaut.”

“Last year, we won the 3A state title with a 14-0 season. Even though we lost four key seniors, I believe we have another great season ahead of us.”
Palmer-Ridge defensive tackle Jacob Dillon

“I believe we’ll be a much improved team from last year. We’re working hard to get back to the top and win a state title.”

“I believe our team will be great this upcoming season. We have lots of individual talent, so if we can come together as a team, we have tons of potential.”
Pine Creek athlete Luke Wieland

“I believe my team will do very well this season. Most of our seniors right now have started for Greeley West football since our sophomore year and with that experience I believe we will do great things in the 18-19 season.
Greeley West offensive lineman Garrett Beckman

“I believe this coming season we can do great things. Of course, I’m going to have the mindset that we want to beat every team that lines up against us.”
Windsor athlete Darren Peeples *

“I believe that Valor will be very strong in the upcoming 2018 season. We have many skilled and dedicated players, which is a key aspect to our team’s strength.”
Valor Christian lineman Cian Quiroga

“I think we will be a lot better than most people think. Our offensive line is improved, and I really like our new offense.”
Legend athlete Caden Meis

“I believe our team will have a great time this upcoming season. We won’t have the size we did last year, but we sure will have the drive.”
Ponderosa fullback Ethan Waite

“I believe our team will be pretty good again. We went to a team camp at Western State and there was a lot of good teams there. We held our own against some 4A schools, so I think we are in for a great season.”

“I believe our team has a lot of potential and I believe when we get all the kinks and corks fixed and we’re all on the same page, I think we could be a team to watch out for.”

“I believe that our team will perform well during the 2018 season because most of our team is returning. We have great size and speed, and everyone seems dedicated to having another great season.”
Palmer-Ridge defensive end Aidan Cullen

“I think we are pretty solid. There's definitely something special with this group.”
Doherty defensive end Dillon Green

“I believe my high school team is going to be better than ever this upcoming season. Being runner ups in state last year has brought a new excitement and raised the bar for what Erie football should be. We had a fairly young team last year and everyone will be ready for the season.”
Erie running back Noah Roper

“I believe that if we can come together and mesh as a family of brothers, trust each other on and off the field, and bust it every day in the classroom and on the football field, the sky is the limit. Work beats talent when talent doesn’t work.”
Columbine defensive end Cole Parrott

“I feel that in the 2018 football season, our team will be very good. We have lots of young talent and many returning starters from last year.”
Columbine athlete Logan DeArment

“I believe we have a shot at making the state championship. We just have to get everyone in the weight room and focus on small technical things. Then we will be successful.”

----------------------

Toughest Opponent

“I am leaning towards Durango or some of the other playoff teams on our schedule. A lot of the teams we played were senior heavy, so they’ll be losing a bunch of key players.”
Pueblo East running back Kain Medrano

“I’d have to say it is either Poudre because they give us a run every year or Valor.”
Legend linebacker Caden Meis

“I couldn’t tell you because we are switching leagues. Mullen will be hard.”
Ralston Valley defensive end Isaac Townsend

“Either Bear Creek because I think they are going to be in our league. They’ll be a good match. We’ll play Ponderosa and they did really good this season. Those two will be the hardest.”
Dakota Ridge running back Jered Garcia

“I heard Eaglecrest will be in our conference. That will be the toughest opponent next year. That is a great challenge because they are an amazing team.”

"Our hardest game will have to be our first game. We go to Florida to take on an undecided team during the first week of the season."
Greeley West offensive tackle Garrett Beckman

"Right now, I think the hardest game of our schedule next year is Columbine."
Pomona linebacker Jack Thiele

"I believe that the Pine Creek game will be our most difficult game because they always find a way to replace who they graduate with new talent."
Vista Ridge wide receiver Micah Hilts

"Our hardest game this next upcoming season will probably be Creek. They are a strong football team with loads of talent, but it is always great to butt heads with a rival."
Eaglecrest offensive lineman Jake Wiley

"I have yet to see the full schedule, but it's rumored that we may play Pine Creek and Pueblo South. I'm looking forward to the possibility of two exciting games."
Palmer-Ridge lineman Aidan Cullen

"I feel like our hardest game will be playing Chaparral. We have never beaten them and are looking forward to the possibility of that next year. It’s always a hard-fought game so that’s why I believe it will be our hardest game. Regis will also be tough. We can never know what they’re going to have year after year with their incoming freshmen and transfers."
Legend offensive lineman Ty Gish

"Opening up with a talented Loveland team will be a good tough football game to open up the season"
Broomfield quarterback Steven Croell

"I don’t think we will have just one hard game. We have to play our best every game to accomplish our goal as state champs."
Valor Christian defensive end Jaden Murray

"I’m not so sure I can pinpoint a hardest game. We have a lot of good teams on the schedule and I’m looking forward to battling each one head to head, week in and week out.”
Loveland running back Zach Weinmaster

"The hardest game on our schedule in 2018 would be either Eaglecrest, Columbine, or Valor. Even though we are preparing for every game as if it is our toughest game, I believe those would be our hardest games this upcoming season."
Cherry Creek offensive lineman Dominick Pallotto

“The schedule has not been released yet but I know Roosevelt is a big part of completing our agenda next year.”
Erie defensive tackle Nathan Hackney

“You have to respect the returning champs, Palmer Ridge, who we we’re excited to meet up with. They’ll be the toughest team on our schedule.”

“Due to all of our travel, they are still unsure of our preseason schedule. We have the defending 4A state champions in our conference, Pueblo South, and a Pueblo East team that we haven’t beat since we started playing them. Both of those games are games that we are looking forward to.”
Durango quarterback Jordan Woolverton

”I think we play Kent Denver again outside of the league and we always have great games against them. In our league, it’ll be TCA. Both of those teams have great coaches and players. It’s always fun to compete against them.”

"We play many tough teams this year in our league, but we’re going to take each game with the same level of intensity. We want to play our football, regardless of the opponent."
Ralston Valley running back Chase Wilson

"We are in one of the hardest leagues again, so all of our league games will be tough. We will have to be ready for all of them."
Ralston Valley running back Brad Roberts

"For me, the hardest game would be Columbine. They are very big, have aggressive offensive linemen, and love to pound the ball. I need to work in those trenches against them."
Mullen offensive lineman Aidan Keanaaina

“Right now, I think it is the game where we play in California in the second week because it’s a whole new atmosphere being there. We will be competing with some really great players.”
Cherry Creek offensive guard Cameron Williams

“The hardest game I believe we will have next year will be against Brush. We haven't competed with them in a long time and I think it will be really exciting.”

“I'm not sure of our schedule next year.”
Pomona wide receiver David Ross

“The hardest game on our schedule for 2018 will probably be Pomona. We’re really considered like the little brother to them and I think it will be a good test for our team to show just where we stand in Colorado football. We want to show how we stack up against the other big schools.”
Arvada West wide receiver Chris McEahern

“The hardest game, I think, will be Broomfield because they are our rivals. It is always a tough, physical, hard-fought game between us.”
Loveland defensive back Isaiah Meyers

“Our hardest game will be Valor. They are a very good team with lots of playmakers and good coaching. It'll be a good challenge for us.”
Rock Canyon quarterback Adam Mullen

“Our hardest game on our schedule will be definitely be Pine Creek week ten. We have always been rivals and have always played each other.”
Vista Ridge linebacker Carter Bussone

“I’m not exactly sure who’s on our schedule yet, but with hearing about the new leagues. I think Cherry Creek will be our toughest team on our 2018 schedule.”
Eaglecrest wide receiver JJ Augustus

“The hardest game on our schedule for 2018 I think is going to be either Monarch or Chatfield.”
Greeley West athlete Hugo Castillo

“I am not looking at any particular game on our 2018 schedule yet. I am just thinking about getting better each and every day. I also want to get the entire team ready. We've overlooked opponents a few times before, so to me, there isn't a game that's harder than others. We need to treat each and every game the same.”
Arvada West quarterback Johnny Krutsch

“Looking forward to our 2018 schedule, Loveland seems to be a definite challenge because of their past success and play style. Loveland is known to have a strong team, year after year, and we are excited for the challenge and to have them on our schedule.”
Skyline wide receiver Kyle West

“Kent Denver High School. We lost to them this year by three points.”
La Junta defensive end Jacob Tafoya

“Our hardest game on the schedule this year will definitely be Pueblo West.”
Coronado linebacker Deegan Foster

“The hardest teams to play for 2018 is usually always the teams from Highlands Ranch like Mountain Vista, Highlands Ranch, ThundeRidge and Valor. With Valor always being a good team, it will be difficult. The rivalry games always has added pressure and intensity.
Rock Canyon wide receiver Collin Romero

“I haven’t seen the out of conference games for our whole schedule, so I don’t know who the toughest opponent would be.”
Regis Jesuit running back Kiahn Martinez

“Every game is important, but the two games we have our eyes on are Pueblo East and the 4A defending state champions, Pueblo South, that have entered our conference this year.”
Durango athlete Alex Hise

“I believe Mullen will be, and is always, our toughest game just because of how strong our rivalry is and how much we compete with each other. It will be fun to see how that game plays out. In all, I'm looking forward to this next season.”
Regis Jesuit linebacker Geno Macias

"I believe the toughest game on our schedule will be against our crosstown rival, Chaparral. They are a pretty good team and we’ve never beaten them before. It’s a tough environment to play in, but it should be fun to see who can come out on top this year."
Legend offensive tackle Colin Lavell

“The hardest game of the year this year is Pine Creek.”
Vista Ridge quarterback Rowan Neal

“I honestly haven’t seen the schedule yet, but I just know that we’re going to have to approach every team we play with the same mentality and just play our brand of football. I think we’ll be good if we just do that.”
Cherry Creek wide receiver Marcus Miller

“Our hardest game next year will most likely be when we travel to Florida to play an out of state team.”
Fairview wide receiver Bryce DesJardins

“The hardest game on our schedule is either Skyline or Broomfield.”
Longmont athlete Jaydon Elkins

“We have a very tough schedule next year. All of the teams that we play so far all made the 16 team playoffs last year. Every game will be tough and I'm looking forward to each game that we have.”
Columbine quarterback Logan DeArment

“Our schedule in 2018 will be much more difficult as we're playing in a different division than we did last year. Overall, we have an amazing coaching staff who teaches us to practice and prepare the same for every game no matter who our opponent is. But we also realize that in our new division, every game will be a battle. I believe our first game is against Broomfield, which always has a great team and is a long-time rival of Loveland. We defeated them first last year in the regular season and they beat us in the playoffs. It should be another great matchup in 2018.”
Loveland quarterback Riley Kinney

“I think so far with our new schedule, it is going to either be TCA or La Junta. They both are great teams and we will have to prepare mentally and physically for them.”
Elizabeth running back Reece Ullery

“There is no game in particular. All of the in-conference games are all top 10 teams. In my opinion, the Jeffco league is the single hardest and most competitive league in the state and in 5A.”
Lakewood safety Kegan Hufford

“I’d say our hardest game is Valor Christian. They’ve had plenty of talent in the past couple of years and the 2018 season is no exception. Also, with their new head coach Ed McCaffrey, they will be a good match up for us.”
Pine Creek defensive back Max Lofy

“I believe our hardest game of our 2018 schedule will be against Cherry Creek. They are an annual powerhouse and have beaten us the last two seasons. It is always a big game when we play them.”
Arapahoe linebacker Max Roose

“The hardest game on the schedule next year for us will definitely be Regis. Most of that is because they have a nice running game and also a very talented team.”
Chaparral defensive back Tizell Lewis

“Looking towards the next season and our schedule, we believe every game will bring a new challenge and we believe we are ready to bring it to each team and see what every team has to offer.”
Legend kicker Nick Neate

“We have a schedule full of tough opponents, but I believe due to the rivalry and being an in-conference game, our neighbor down the street, Columbine, will be our toughest opponent.”
Mullen running back Damien Cearns

“It looks like we have a pretty tough league this season. I think all teams are very talented. We always seem to have troubles with Broomfield. They have a great program and have been successful the past couple of years.”
Brighton quarterback Robbie Coffin

“I do not know what our hardest opponent is, and I think every game has to be fought to the end. However, there are some teams that will give us a greater challenge than others, and in my eyes, I believe that Chatfield and Pueblo West, with their great coaching staff and good talent, will provide us with a very big challenge.”
Rampart running back Chris Yoo

“I believe the only people that can beat us are ourselves. We need to limit mental mistakes, stick together and we will do great.”
Yuma quarterback Chase McCreath

“The hardest game on our schedule is probably Paonia. They are always tough and give us a good game.”
Centauri lineman Bennie Chacon

“As of now, I don't have a lot of knowledge about our schedule for the next season. Not a lot teams really want to play us. Our team is hungry, no matter what team we play. If I had to choose a game that would be tough, I would say Creek. Creek has some athletes over there for sure.”
Valor Christian athlete Kaiden Keefe

“Going against the state champs is the game I'm looking forward to. There has always been a huge rivalry between A-West and Pomona. I'm looking forward to renewing that this year.”
Arvada West offensive lineman AJ Ortez

“We have a hard schedule next season and we see that as a challenge. No team can go out on a field underestimating their opponents. We will go game by game and play how we play.”
Pine Creek defensive end Elias Rolfe

“Our schedule is packed with lots of great teams like Cherry Creek, Valor, Mullen, and Ralston Valley. I wouldn’t be able to tell you who the hardest would be, but I’m excited for Valor more than any other game because I didn’t get to play them last year.”
Pomona linebacker Sanjay Strickland

“I think this year our focus needs to be that our hardest game is always the next game. We have a pretty tough schedule this year, and I think we just need to take it one week at a time.”
Palmer-Ridge athlete Charlie Deeds

“The hardest game on our schedule next hear would definitely be week one against Columbine High School. I’ve played against those guys twice and they definitely demand you bring your best for 60-minutes. Columbine week also happens to be the game that I am most excited to play.”
Denver East defensive back Corey Tate

“We have the opportunity to travel to Los Angeles, California on Labor Day weekend and play Santa Margarita out of the Trinity Catholic league. They are routinely ranked in the top fifty programs in the country. That will be a great challenge for us.”
Cherry Creek athlete Alec Pell

“The hardest games on our 2018 schedule are Cherry Creek, Columbine, and Pomona. We also play Grandview.”
Mullen safety Vaughnn Stitt

“I’d say the toughest game for us this upcoming season has to be Pomona. It’s a team we’ve been battling with since long before I’ve been at Columbine. We are both teams that play smash mouth football, so it will be a dogfight. It will be the biggest game for us mentally and physically.”
Columbine offensive tackle Evan Durbin

“The hardest game that we will face will have to be against Eaglecrest. With them now being in our league, this will be a tough key league game that must be won for us to have any chance of winning league. Also, with Eaglecrest being the runner up team last year, we know that they will be legit and just as good as always. It will be a tough challenge, but a challenge that we can’t wait to take on.”
Arapahoe wide receiver Jalen Thomas

“Every game is a new challenge and to our team, it doesn’t matter who we play because we are going to do the best we can to win every game.”
Chaparral defensive tackle Mikey McClelland

“We are actually going up to Florida and playing Coconut Creek High School. That’ll be a huge challenge that we hope to overcome and come out of with a win.”
Greeley West linebacker Joseph Piacenza

“Pine Creek will be a hard game and a great match-up for our week zero game.”
Palmer-Ridge running back Raef Ruel

“As far as the toughest opponent for next year goes, I think that our toughest opponent will be ourselves and I say that because we have to push ourselves every day in order to become the best. If we compete at the level, then there won't be a team that can match that.”
Loveland linebacker Trey Cardenas

“As of right now, we are scheduled to play an out of state game for week two down at the ESPN complex in Florida. We have had a lot of respect for out of state teams with their size, speed, and strength. Because of all this, our hardest game will probably be against our selected opponent for week two.”
Fairview quarterback Aidan Atkinson

“All of the teams we play next year will be difficult. We have a hard schedule. The team we are looking forward to the most is Pomona because we have a history with them the last couple of years.”
Columbine athlete Ben Earnest

“We really look at every game like it is the hardest game on the schedule. I try not to look at the schedule and decide which team is going to be hard to beat and which team is going to be easy to beat. We know that each team is going to come at us with everything they have, so we have to be prepared for that.”
Erie offensive tackle Spencer Brooks

“I think that it is a tie between Pine Creek and Pueblo South.”
Palmer-Ridge offensive tackle Cameron Reiman

“I feel like every game on our schedule will be tough, but we are just focused on getting stronger this off-season, so we can compete at our highest level and succeed in the 2018 season to get to the playoffs.”
Arvada West running back Tony Cass

“Our hardest competition this fall will most likely be an away game against Santa Margarita in California.”
Cherry Creek safety Carson Brantley

“On paper, our toughest game is Santa Margarita out of California, but I have my eye on Pomona. They are a great program and that will be a measuring stick. They do things right at Pomona and have really talented players. We do things right too, and we are confident in our ability to make plays and win games. That is going to be a big one.”
Cherry Creek wide receiver Chase Penry

“The hardest game would be the Pomona Panthers.”
Arvada West linebacker Zack D'Amico

“I believe the hardest game on our schedule for 2018 is going to be Valor or Highlands Ranch. Valor is always a powerhouse when it comes to football and Highlands Ranch is looking good this year as well.”
Castle View offensive tackle Andrew Grout

“We have a tough schedule with a lot of good teams, but we're trying to focus on ourselves and not look too far ahead.”
Pomoma linebacker Kyle Moretti

“I think we will be a pretty solid team this year and we should definitely be close with some of the better teams.”
Legacy running back Dakota Key

“We lost a lot of seniors, but the good news is that we were very young and will still be Colorado's powerhouse football teams with a brand-new coaching staff. Our team will be very dangerous coming into the 2018 season.”
Valor Christian defensive tackle Roger Rosengarten

“I think all the teams are great, but there are two games that stands out; Valor Christian and whoever we play in the state championship game.”
Pine Creek running back David Moore III

“We have a tough schedule next season. Everyone in our league made the playoffs last year. Our entire schedule will be challenging, but we are looking forward to the season.”
Columbine defensive tackle Grant Keim

“To pick one hard game is hard to do. This year we play Ponderosa, the former 5A team, Bear Creek, and Loveland. I believe those are some of the hardest games we have this year. Once again, every game could be hard if we don't compete as a unit and as a whole team.”
Windsor linebacker Jordan Fehrn

“We play the top five teams in the state our first six games. We are in for a grind.”
Highlands Ranch linebacker Tyler Dobbs

“I hope we can get Bayfield on our schedule, but if we can't, it will definitely be La Junta. We've had close games the last two years.”
Kent Denver athlete Dylan Wells

“Our hardest game is whatever our next game is going to be, so as of now, it is Montrose. We are not going to overlook anyone and that's what is going to really help us focus and succeed.”
Grand Junction Central safety Shaun Stepisnik

“Our game versus Valor is by far our hardest game. I’m excited to go up against a lot of big name guys.”
Ponderosa linebacker Nick Hoff

“The hardest game on our schedule this year is probably Durango. They are a 3A team with lots of talent.”
Bayfield quarterback Hayden Farmer

“The toughest team we will play will be Farmington or Alamosa.”
Bayfield linebacker David Hawkins

“I think our biggest competition will be Faith Lutheran out of Las Vegas and Menlo Atherton out of California because we are unfamiliar with those two teams.”
Valor Christian offensive lineman Jackson Hoops

“I would say Loveland will be the toughest game on the schedule, but I believe we can compete with anyone and we're ready to do so.”
Skyline running back Jeremy Hollingsworth

“The hardest game should be our first game against Coconut Creek in Florida.”
Greeley West running back Derek West

“Probably Ralston Valley.”
Loveland linebacker Michael Deschene

“In my opinion, the toughest game on our schedule right now is Mead. They went undefeated and secured the #1 seed in the playoffs last season.”
Skyview defensive tackle Robbie Bauderer

“Every game this season is going to be a battle for us. We will be prepared mentally and physically for every opponent we face this season.”
Doherty offensive tackle Alijah Bates

“Cherry Creek is the most difficult game on our schedule. After working and seeing these players first hand, it’s definitely going to be a great game.”
Grandview defensive end Hayden Isenhart

“Our hardest game this year is going to be against nationally ranked Santa Margarita, but teams like Mullen, Eaglecrest, and Columbine will be some of the toughest games we’ve had in recent years.”
Cherry Creek tight end Vance Brazile

“Even though every game will be a new challenge, our top toughest games might be Windsor or Broomfield.”
Brighton wide receiver Drake Cortez

“Probably Eaglecrest or Creek based off of last year.”
Grandview offensive lineman Mason Schultz

“In all honesty, I couldn't tell you. We have a tough schedule this year playing teams like Mullen, Creek, Eaglecrest, and Highlands Ranch with outstanding offensive lineman. I could not decide on one team, but I think that these four schools have lots of talent on their rosters that I am very excited to go up against this season.”
Grandview defensive end Brandy Okeke

“I think the hardest game on our schedule is going to be the season opener at Pueblo East. Though they are a good team, I think if we can execute on small stuff, we should be able to sneak out of pueblo 1-0.”
Roosevelt quarterback Trent Beall

“In my opinion, I think it'll be our week two game against Santa Margarita. We'll be playing in a different climate against opponents that we haven't played in the past and against players we don't know too much about.”

“The hardest game of our 2018 schedule is pine creek in week zero.”
Palmer-Ridge defensive tackle Jacob Dillon

“They’re all going to be tough, but the way I look at it is the opening game is always the toughest and definitely one that we have to be prepared for.”

“Week four against Valor Christian.”
Pine Creek athlete Luke Wieland

“For our first game, we go down to Florida to play Coconut Creek. This will be our hardest game because none of us have ever seen what a team from out of state looks like and plays like. Not to mention they are ranked in the top 1,000 in the nation by Max Preps.”
Greeley West offensive lineman Garrett Beckman

“Windsor doesn’t like to target teams or say this is the team we want to beat. We are just going to take our season one game, one practice, one snap at a time regardless of who’s on the schedule for Friday.”
Windsor athlete Darren Peeples

“The hardest game this season will probably be Pomona.”
Valor Christian lineman Cian Quiroga

“We are going to look at each game like a must win situation. That said, we are really looking forward to playing Regis. I have not played them before.”
Legend athlete Caden Meis

“The year our toughest game is against Valor.”
Ponderosa fullback Ethan Waite

“Kent Denver. They always give us a run for our money and they have a good squad.”

“It’s hard to say. We have the 2017 4A defending state champs Pueblo South, an always tough team to play in Pueblo East, the 2A defending state champs Bayfield, and we have not played palisade since I was in middle school, but I’d like to think they’re team that plays hard football.”

“We will face several talented teams this year, but if I had to pick one, I would say Pine Creek.”
Palmer-Ridge defensive end Aidan Cullen

“I don't really look on a schedule. It's a 1-0 mentality every week, so every week is our hardest week.”
Doherty defensive end Dillon Green

“I haven’t been able to view the schedule yet, but I know Pueblo South will be a competitive team.”
Erie running back Noah Roper

“I feel like as a family, we take one game at a time and take each team with the same mentality and seriousness. We give it our all 100% of the time because football is a sport so many admire, but so few are privileged to play.”
Columbine defensive end Cole Parrott

“I'm not going to sell anyone short on our schedule. Everyone we play has had great success these past couple of years. We should have great competition.”
Columbine athlete Logan DeArment

“Our hardest game this year would probably have to be Highland. Last year, the game was really close and us playing them in week zero will be a huge challenge to our season.”

“The hardest game on our schedule is Valor, which will be a tough game.”
Rock Canyon running back Collin Romero

----------------------

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News