ADVERTISEMENT

Update - Columbine running back James Basinger

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been working out a lot! Coach Lowery has a great workout plan for us and we also do speed and practice afterwards for about an hour each. I personally have been training and resting as needed to keep my body healthy and ready at all times.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I feel I have improved in my speed and strength, but also the mental side as well. The game is really slowing down for me and I am understanding how our offensive and defensive systems work much quicker than I was before. My burst as a runner added with my improved movement laterally from the backfield makes me feel great about how this season will go.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel my team will do fantastic this season. We have the athletes, not only that we have great attitudes towards working as a unit and a team not focusing on personal values over the team. And I can say that about any player around me.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I believe Ralston Valley may be the toughest opponent we face this season. Though every team we play will have great capable athletes and we will have to earn every win.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I’m not sure who the toughest athlete we will face yet. Film week to week will reveal that to us and we will game plan accordingly.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I plan on playing in college. I want to keep my options open because there are many great schools out there. I would say I loved the camp I went to for Kansas State and Northern Colorado so those two schools are in my sights.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have sent film out to many schools such as Kansas State, Northern Colorado, Mesa, Nebraska, and others around me that have been interested. Schools like Nebraska, Dartmouth, Penn, and Iowa State have been showing interest and asking me to attend their camps.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“That is unknown to me. I want to just keep my head down and work. As colleges contact me more often I will know more and more of what schools are recruiting me the most.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have made a couple trips with my 7on7 team to Kansas state and Utah State that is all.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I am planning on making more trips this fall and winter and next spring whenever possible.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“I have done multiple camps, these include UNC’s mega camp, Lindenwood’s mega camp, Kansas State’s camp and CU’s camp as well. I feel I performed great in each one.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“I do not have any more camps planned this year, I may attend a few more.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Michigan University.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News