ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................
Update - Ralston Valley defensive end George Patterson
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been doing a lot of great work with my teammates, but have also been working on my own trying to be the best I can be.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I have put on a lot of weight and gotten stronger from my junior year while I have also been working on my footwork too.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel our team is very talented this year and has a lot of high expectations from last year’s season.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel Cherry Creek will definitely be a challenging team this year, but Mountain Vista is a great team and a great way to start out our season.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I think the most challenging player we will face this year will be Angelo Petrides considering his size, quickness, and want to get to the ball.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Columbine running back James Basinger
“I have been working out a lot! Coach Lowery has a great workout plan for us and we also do speed and practice afterwards for about an hour each. I personally have been training and resting as needed to keep my body healthy and ready at all times.”

“I feel I have improved in my speed and strength, but also the mental side as well. The game is really slowing down for me and I am understanding how our offensive and defensive systems work much quicker than I was before. My burst as a runner added with my improved movement laterally from the backfield makes me feel great about how this season will go.”

“I feel my team will do fantastic this season. We have the athletes, not only that we have great attitudes towards working as a unit and a team not focusing on personal values over the team. And I can say that about any player around me.”

“I believe Ralston Valley may be the toughest opponent we face this season. Though every team we play will have great capable athletes and we will have to earn every win.”

“I’m not sure who the toughest athlete we will face yet. Film week to week will reveal that to us and we will game plan accordingly.”

Update - Columbine running back Mason Moreno
“I train three times a week with Columbine. I have been involved in many 7v7 tournaments such as CU and Broncos. I also have been attending camps like School of Mines, UNC, etc.”

“I feel like I have improved on my mental game the most this off-season. Everything is coming easy to me and I can exceed expectations through this.”

“Columbine is a great team and I have all the confidence in my boys to make a state title run.”

“Ralston Valley will be the hardest team on our schedule and we will face them twice this year.”

“There is no specific player that can impact the game enough to affect our entire team.”

Update - Ralston Valley defensive end Jake Huffman
“We have been doing lots of strength training, with a mix of speed training every morning.”

“Easily the most improved thing for me and our team has been our all-around strength.”

“With the talent our team has right now we have our eyes set on state, anything else would be a disappointment.”

“Definitely cherry creek, they have won 4 straight State championships and have an extremely talent filled roster.”

“Probably Either Max Parrott from Cherry Creek or Liam Szarka from Grandview.”

Update - Rock Canyon middle linebacker Brandon Stout
“This off-season we as a team have focused on 7v7s so far and we competed in the Broncos sevens tournament and the UNC tournament so far and possibly more later on. I’ve been busy in the weight room gaining 30 pounds since last season and I’m still gaining weight and muscle.”

“I’ve improved on my pass rush moves and blitzes in general and being able to get off linemen to make a play.”

“I’m confident our team will do well because I believe we have one of the best offensive and defensive lines ever at rock canyon as well as new great coaches and athletes who are improving the team. I have no doubt we will do better than last season.”

“Valor will be the toughest and I know it’ll be a challenge but if we perform well and play up to our potential we can win.”

“There are talented players on all teams we play against but there aren’t any that can over power our team. Athletes like Jordan Ochoa and Asher Weiner are talented but nothing we haven’t seen.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News