ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................

Update - Ralston Valley quarterback Logan Madden
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been throwing for colleges that come into my high school and doing 7v7 practices and games over the weekends with Team Full Gorilla. I also have been doing our off season program through Ralston Valley.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“I feel like I have improved on my arm strength from last season.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like we will work hard this summer and be hungry to get to the state game. We cannot let last season affect our work ethic.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Cherry Creek because that will be their home opener and they are 4-time state champions.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Liam Szarka. He is a great QB and always gave us trouble the last 2 seasons.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Cherokee Trail quarterback Eliot Ming
“I have been lifting weights and 7v7. I also wrestled this winter and worked out with the track team this spring.”

“I feel like I have improved on my reads. I have been working on the speed of the game. I have been working on my mental focus.”

“I think we will be pretty solid. We will have a lot more experience. Last year our team was full of young players but now we have a year under our belts and have a feel for varsity football.”

“Cherry Creek. They are just tough every year.”

“Maybe Liam Szarka. Grandview will be pretty tough too.”

Update - Vista Ridge outside linebacker Cameron Tertulien
How did the high school football season go overall?
“For my first high school [season] I think it went well, I learned the atmosphere of how it’s going to be the next 3 years and it really put in perspective how hard I got to work and I’m willing to push to be my very best self.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“My plans now are to make sure I am keeping in shape and able to make sure no competition is able to pass me but also building as a team.”

“Vista will always be an athletic team when it comes to athletes but also when it comes down to it, last year we did have a lot of starters [that were] seniors that are now leaving. We are going to be able to bring our athletic abilities together to do better this year.”

“I feel our biggest competition is ourselves but with our schedule... I feel it [will be] Pine Creek.”

“My toughest competition to face off is my sub, end of discussion.”

Update - Ponderosa middle linebacker Blake Branham
“Lifting 5-7 days a week and speed/footwork 1-2 times a week.”

“I think I have improved most on reading keys and flowing to the play, as well as covering tight ends, running backs, and a lot of receivers.”

“N/A.”

“I think Palmer Ridge will be our toughest competition.”

“Not sure.”

Update - Heritage safety Rex Guthrie
How did the high school football season go overall?
“We had a great season with a dramatic turnaround from the previous year. We lost in the quarterfinals to the eventual State Champions-Broomfield.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I just finished a great track season competing in the 100 and 200 meter races. It was my first track season after moving on from baseball. We have contact camp at Heritage the first two weeks of the summer and I’ll continue my speed training at Kula Sports Performance over the summer.”

“I think we have all the players to compete for a conference title and make a strong state playoff run.”

“We played several great teams this season opening with 5A Mountain Vista and in the conference Fruita Monument and Broomfield will definitely be a challenge.”

“We have a ton of talent in our league. Out of conference, Mountain Vista has several returning players from their top scoring offense from last year. It’s tough to name just one great player we will face.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News