ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................
Update - Vista Ridge athlete Wesley Wright
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“As of late with the off-season workouts I have been doing a 7v7 team called TeamFullGorilla. Not only that, but also, my school started a 7v7 team competing with some very skilled schools.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“The thing that I have to improve this summer is my technique at the position of DB. I also must bulk up.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I feel like my team will do great this season with the team bonding we have done and the help of our coach's Mike Vrana and Coach Dooley.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our toughest team we will play will probably be Pine Creek which we have had trouble before playing.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I do not think there will be a specific person we must worry about on our schedule instead just a whole team all together.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Broomfield defensive end Garrett Keeler
“Our team has just started our summer strength and conditioning program. Independently, I have been jump training (plyometrics) to increase my vertical jump and explosiveness. I have also been attending as many college football camps as possible.”

“I have improved my quickness, speed, footwork, agility, vertical jump, and hand fighting.”

“We have all the pieces, coaches and players, to be extremely successful and our goal is to win a state championship.”

“Erie beat us 49-21 last year and they have been a top-level program over the past several years.”

“Erie’s QB – Blake Barnett.”

Update - Chatfield defensive back Niguse Shelp
“The whole football team is back to summer morning workouts but I’m also doing a little extra on the side.”

“I feel like I have improved most on footwork and knowledge of the game this offseason.”

“We will have tough competition and a chance to play right along.”

“Cherry Creek I would say.”

“Cherry Creek’s Ismale Angelo.”

Update - Longmont quarterback Kolby Holmes
“We have been throwing a lot as a team and lifting and having team practices during summer.”

“I think my throwing and reads have gotten a lot better.”

“I think a lot of people are doubting us. I believe we have a great team and have a great season and make the playoffs at minimum.”

“N/A.”

“N/A.”

Update - Chatfield tight end Drew Rohlman
“This off-season our great coaching staff has put together opportunities for our players at Chatfield to come in and grind and put in work in the weight room and on the field. It’s all about getting faster, stronger, more skilled, and getting familiar with the playbook, and our staff at Chatfield does an incredible job with that.”

“Personally, I believe this off season I have made strides on my route running and ability to get open. I have always been a bigger receiving threat and able to make catches under pressure but I expect this will add a whole new dimension to my game.”

“I have high expectations for our team. We had a lot of key seniors from last year’s championship run that we’re obviously going to miss, but we have guys that are ready to step into those roles and play a part in winning football. I expect there to be some growing pains along the way with the young group that we have but there is a lot of talent and I'm excited to see how we handle the adversity.”

“When we made our schedule we played some pretty tough games. The one that stands out is week 3 against Cherry Creek. They’ve won 3 straight state titles and are an extremely talented team. It’s going to be a key game on the schedule next year and I'm looking forward to showcasing the talent we have on our team against the best competition possible.”

“Our state is packed with talent and there’s going to be a lot of kids we play that are really good football players. One that sticks out to me is Blake Purchase from Creek. We played him in basketball last year and we saw that he is big and athletic and really talented.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.