ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Sporting Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................

Update - Pine Creek quarterback Cameron Cooper
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Overall last season went well. I played both Varsity and Freshman. The freshman squad did well. We ended the season 10-0 and scored 495 points. I also played some varsity. I was the varsity back up and I got some valuable reps preparing me for next season. Jojo (senior QB) was a great mentor and I learned a lot from him.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Right now I’m doing off season speed training and weights. I’m also playing 7v7 with Team Full Gorilla and will be starting track soon.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel that we will do really well with the upcoming season. It will be tough moving up to 5A but I believe we will be prepared.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“The toughest team on our schedule will probably be Valor. They are the state runner ups.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual player we will play against I believe will be Bebe Hills at Vista Ridge. Bebe is quick and a great athlete.”

......................................................................................................
Update - Pueblo West wide receiver Gage Martinez
“The season went well but unfortunately ended early due to a double OT loss but I feel we got through many bumps and bruises.”

“To play basketball and baseball [and] still focus on football, doing 7on7.”

“[We’ll be] very young but we will have a lot of talent and a great future.”

“Montrose, Palmer Ridge, and Dakota Ridge because they always compete and never want to lose.”

“It’s hard to say right now because of all the great athletes we are going to play.”

Update - Arapahoe free safety Sterling Decosta Jr.
“Overall the season was great, there was lots of good competition around the field and lots of opportunities to make big plays and game changing impacts. Personally the outcome of our season wasn’t what I [was] hoping for, but myself and [my] team are already back to the grind for next year.”

“I plan on playing division 1 college football; that’s never changed and never will change. As far as workouts I train and lift with coach Rod King five times a week as well as run miles daily and constantly evolve my footwork. I plan on training with Uncle Black again soon.”

“Due to our coaching situation there’s lots of uncertainty but I’m confident that we have enough playmakers including myself that are constantly putting in work to get ready for next season and that we will have another solid year.”

“Cherry Creek.”

“I’m personally ready to compete with anyone, however the toughest player we are probably going to face next year is Ismael Cisse on Cherry Creek.”

Update - ThunderRidge defensive back Alex Kambesis
“The season went very well overall. I battled a dislocated shoulder at the beginning of the season which was a minor setback. But when I was out there playing I felt like I showed what I could do for my team.”

“We are currently working out as a team 3 days a week. I am also working out by myself and currently training with Gabe from GloveWork.”

“I think we will have another great season this year. 9 or so players on our defense are returning with a few more key pieces on our offense as well.”

“I actually haven’t seen our schedule yet but Valor is always a tough team that we play.”

“Not sure who the toughest player we will play against is but I can assume we will play many talented players.”

Update - Fossil Ridge catcher Samuel Pease
How did the high school baseball season go last spring?
“The baseball season last spring was a very fun season. I loved my teammates which made it so much more fun. And we also made the playoffs.”

“My plans are to get as much progress with my baseball skills as I can before the season starts. So that means 4-7 days a week working on hitting or catching. Every Tuesday and Friday mornings are hitting with my high school.”

How do you feel your team will do next baseball season?
“It is hard to tell how we will do. We have 5 returning varsity players so we will see how the new players will do. It seems to me that the underclassmen have a lot of talent.”

“I feel like Fairview will be the toughest on our schedule.”

“I don’t know a lot of players so I don’t know.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News