ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Valor Christian outside linebacker Moises Freeman
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“As of late this offseason My team and I (Valor) have been doing extensive work focusing on explosiveness and have been focusing on injury prevention (ACL, knees, etc).”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“This offseason I’ve really focused on the little things that most top level athletes overlook, I really focused on knowing everyone’s job on the field and making sure communication is a key aspect of this defense.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“The way the overall team has taken the approach of the offseason has been surprising and inspiring, I believe we’re prepared to win a state championship.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I feel as overall we are well prepared to handle every team on our schedule but we are looking forward to facing Pine Creek and our out of state game.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There’s not a particular person we’re thinking about facing; football is a team sport so we view and watch teams as a whole and not as individual people.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Evergreen inside linebacker Caedmon Haddad
“Tuesday-Friday I lift and condition with my team and Saturday I lift only. Sunday and Monday are my recovery days.”

“I pride myself on being a downhill physical linebacker. This offseason, I have improved significantly in the passing game, not only dropping into coverage but also playing man coverage. I have also improved my strength significantly.”

“My team will be much better this season since we are returning almost all of our starters from last year.”

“I expect Green Mountain to be one of our toughest games this year because of the rivalry between us. Not to diminish any of the other teams on our schedule.”

“Nobody in specific comes to mind, but I know that the offensive skill group at Severance High School is very talented.”

Q&A with Thompson Valley offensive/defensive lineman Josiah Manu
“Recently I’ve been in the weight room with my teammates putting work in daily at 7 AM. I also will start training with this CSU alum who runs a program called K5training.”

“Getting my lift numbers up has been huge for me this off season so I’d say general strength has been one of my strong suits so far.”

“I think our team will perform extremely well. We have a great culture at Thompson Valley and I think that’s what will end up carrying us the furthest.”

“Roosevelt will definitely be one of the more competitive teams. I think they have some studs on their o line and am looking forward to playing them.”

“Football is a team game so I don’t think a single individual player should be the issue but I do know that Loveland’s quarterback Ryder Eastin will be a solid guy to face off against.”

Q&A with Cherry Creek edge rusher Keegan Perea
“We (Cherry Creek) have summer OTA’s Monday, Wednesday, Friday and some Saturdays. And I’ll get some extra training on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.”

“Quickness & mobility.”

“I am extremely confident in our defensive ability and that’s where it starts; so I will say we will go as far as our offensive takes us.”

“Probably going to be Skyridge, Utah or someone we see deeper in the playoffs.”

“Not sure nor do I really care, as football is a team sport.”

Q&A with Valor Christian wide receiver/tight end Ben Herbek
“I've been busy with Valor summer workouts and conditioning. In addition to my school workouts, I also work with local receiver coaches and train at Landow Performance when my schedule allows.”

“My biggest focus has been on improving my speed, route running and adding good weight. I have been putting in a lot of time on defense this Summer as I hope to play a key role on defense as well this year.”

“Since I am new to Valor, I am still getting to know all my teammates. We're young but I can tell that we have size up front on both sides of the ball, along with a lot of speed at the skill positions.”

“Well, it's 5A football so everyone we play will be tough. These are big schools, with a ton of great players. There isn't an easy game on the schedule.”

“I am new to 5A but I played 7v7 this spring with many of the state's top players. Colorado has a ton of under-the-radar talent, and we will get to play against most of them.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.