ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado Prep Report Football Quotes

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Find out what some of the elite players in the state are saying about how football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Frederick tight end Burke Eismann
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“For my school we have workouts Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday we have football, I lift Monday through Friday on my own and work agility and speed drills on the weekends.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I think mostly I have improved a ton on my blocking, as a TE I need to block and catch, I’ve gotten better blocking as far as footwork and form when blocking.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I think we will do very well; our chemistry is off the charts. We only graduated a few seniors last year so it will basically be the same team two years in a row. We really play together as a team.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our toughest game this year I believe will be against Broomfield. We are moving up a division from 3A to 4A and they seem to be the toughest ones we’re going to face, I believe if we play together as a team we can get the job done.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I don’t think there is an individual player we’re going to face that will be hard. It takes a whole team to win a football game, not an individual. You can have a 5-star athlete on your team but if the rest of the team isn’t in it for each other the team will crumble.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Ponderosa linebacker Caden Miller
“I work out 6 days a week and field training 4 days a week.”

“I’ve improved my strength and my speed and agility.”

“I feel our team has a great chance to make a run this year.”

“Week 1 for sure, going up against 4A state final runner up Palmer Ridge.”

“We don’t worry about players… we’ll just go play our game and let that speak for itself.”

Q&A with Chatfield middle linebacker Logan Kundred
“For workouts this off-season I have been doing our school's summer lifts, going to Kula Sports Performance, and my own personal workouts.”

“During this off-season I have improved on many things but the biggest one is my explosiveness.”

“I think we have the making of a really good team. Even though we lost some of our top guys, we have a lot of players replacing them that can be very successful and have a great impact on the team.”

“No offense to any other team on our schedule, but for us it's the defending state champs and league rival, Columbine.”

“There are numerous great athletes in Colorado and the Jefferson County league. In my opinion the toughest player we will face is Peyton Burcar from Columbine. I have played with and against him for many years. He is a beast!”

Q&A with Mesa Ridge cornerback/wide receiver Anthony Smith
“My team and I have been staying in the weight room, and working with our new coaches to progressively get better every day.”

“I’ve worked with my strength and conditioning coach (Coach Marthaller) during this off season to get bigger, and stronger physically and mentally.”

“We’ve been working really hard and creating new bonds this off season. The work we’ve been putting in now, will definitely show on the field (OL Slater Warren, RB Tre Salas).”

“We play lots of good teams this year. Every team will be a good one and will bring something new to the table. We don’t want to underestimate anyone. We are going to take it one game at a time.”

“We play lots of good teams with lots of star players, however if we isolate and game plan for each of them we can take any of them on.”

Q&A with Loveland defensive end Cody Moore
“I have been doing weightlifting and offensive installs for my high school team as well as speed and agility training with @SimplSpeedCoach.”

“I have really improved on my quickness and agility thus far this offseason as well as getting more versed in my technique as a defensive end.”

“I feel our team has a very good chance to go far this year with our wonderful coaching staff and talented teammates.”

“The team to beat is definitely Pine Creek. I believe they will be our toughest opponent and best competition for our program.”

“I cannot fully answer this question because I am not knowledgeable about who the individuals we are playing this year are.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.