ADVERTISEMENT

9/4 RECRUITING REPORT

ChristianJames

Staff
Mar 1, 2010
Updates from Drake Nugent, Jake Archuleta, Nico Magri, Kyle Schulman, and Isaac Maestas. Find out who are recruiting these elite athletes right now!

......................................................................................................

Douglas County linebacker Jake Archuleta
Recruiting
“I’ve been looking at college football but I’ve been iffy about it. My brother hurt himself so he is not able to play college sports anymore. It has always been one of my dreams to go onto the next level. I am still looking into it.”

Schools recruiting
“I’ve gotten some letters of interest but no scholarships. I’m not too big into the names but there have been some emails.”

A childhood favorite college
“I love the University of Michigan. My family is from there. I have always been a huge fan of them.”

......................................................................................................

Highlands Ranch offensive lineman Drake Nugent
Recruiting
“Honestly, I’m just okay to play football anywhere. I’d be happy with that.”

College attention
“Since I’m with 60 Strength and Matt, he has helped me with that. I’ve gotten a couple of camp invitations from Arizona and CSU.”

Game day trips
“No, not yet but I will probably take some.”

A favorite college growing up
“I’ve always really liked TCU and Arizona State. Those schools have always been my favorites.”

Monarch defensive end Nico Magri
What colleges have been recruiting me?
“Right now, CU and CSU have been talking to me. There has also been a lot of DIII schools like Macalester College and Grinnell College. It has also been Columbia as well. I have also looked into Wisconsin.”

What has been the interest from CU and CSU?
“Right now, I know that Coach Jeffcoat has been talking to me personally about helping me get an academic scholarship to play there. CSU has been talking via text and we have had a few phone calls.”

How do you feel overall about Colorado?
“As a program, I love CU. I have grown up in Louisville since my second grade year so I’ve been here for quite a while now. Coach MacIntyre’s son actually goes to my school and he is the starting quarterback. I have gotten a chance to know him and he is a great kid. I have visited CU and their new facilities. They are fantastic. I would love to go there but it depends on how the year goes.”

What were the visits at Colorado for?
“I went there twice. One was for a junior day last year right after the new facilities were built. We got to see them and the new indoor practice facilities. The second time I was there was for a football camp. We actually got to play under the lights at Folsom, which was a great experience.”

What position are you being recruiting at?
“Most of the colleges are looking at me for d-line. It would be defensive tackle or defensive end.”

Fort Collins defensive end Kyle Schulman
Recruiting
“I have talked to the University of Wyoming and I would say they have taken quite a bit of interest. I have talked to them and they really like me but need to see how I play this season.”

Others
“I went to the University of Kansas camp and their coaches really liked me. They want me to send my film to them but I haven't heard back from them since camp.”

Visits
“UW wants me to come out for a game so I am sure I will at some point. They invited me to a few of their games. I will also attend a few home games at CSU.”

A childhood favorite
“When I was younger, I didn't really have a favorite I rooted for. I just wanted to play college football in a power five conference and Division I in general.”

Palisade running back Isaac Maestas
Recruiting
“I’ve been looking at CMU and Western. I am still trying to get out there.”

Recruiting the hardest
“To be honest with you, there is not really any. CMU and Western are talking but there are not any offers yet.”

Visits
“I’ll probably go visit CSU and CU. I want to go to Boise State. I just have to make some time and go to these schools.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.